I’m being framed for supporting Jonathan, Orubebe cries out

image

Orubebe, who is being charged to the Code of Conduct Tribunal, told a press conference in Abuja on Sunday that he had not committed any offense to warrant being vilified by the present administration.
The former minister also declared that he had never demanded and collected a bribe throughout his six-year sojourn as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He said he was convinced that the CCT was out to frame him given the way it had already begun his ‘trial’ in the media when he had only been served with the summons
to appear before the court on November 9, 2015.
He said: “I was served with Code of
Conduct Tribunal summons on Friday last week and the paper, which I personally signed and collected stated that I was
expected to appear before them on
November the ninth. “I was taken aback by the news that I had
already been arraigned. This tells me that it is an issue of witch hunt which is not good for this country. It is not good to take me to the public court before being tried.
“The issues contained in the summons are that I took N50 million bribe from one of
the contractors who handled a project for the ministry of Niger Delta and another N20 million from the same contractor as well as not declaring my plots of land in Asokoro and Kyame districts of Abuja. I find these charges very empty and frivolous.

Author: NaijaRoko

Viral news from Nigeria