Ashleigh Habgood and Alley Williams are asking for a sperm donor on Facebook. The New Zealand lesbian couple shared their photos on October along with the advert and a long list of requirements.
This is not a hack: So… Alley and I have been tossing up whether to put this on Facebook and there will be many (including a part of myself) who cringe at this but
hey… we advertise on FB for everything else so why not a sperm donor. Thats right. We need sperm! Some of you may have noticed
that we are a same sex couple, (though I have occasionally been been called “Sir” in public) and therefore we lack a vital ingredient for baby making. But why do we need to do this, you may ask…
Aren’t there organisations for this kind of thing??
Well, yeah there are and we are on the list but…there is a SERIOUS sperm shortage in this country. At this point, it takes 18 months to
get to the top of the sperm donor list and then, if you’re lucky, you get a choice of 3 donors. Not ideal. We are also looking into adoption but would love to give birth to our
own chidlet as well.
We are looking for sperm with the following factors:
1. A kind heart.
2. Intelligence (though this can be measured in a myriad of ways… i.e. if you don’t know what myriad means, that doesn’t mean you’re
3. You don’t want to be a dad. You just want to be a cool dude that helped us out. Though these details can be discussed. And yes, the baby would know who you are… “The kind man who gave us some sperm.” NOT “Daddy.”
4. You have a clear medical history. Ideally no diabetes, heart conditions or other genetic
conditions. No HIV either please:)
5. You are taller than us. Not hard, but we’re already stunted enough.
6. You are 45 or younger. Sorry…. after 45, the risks of Autism, Schizophrenia and Dwarfism
increase. And, as I mentioned, we’re already hobbits!
1. You are not white. We’re not racist, just would love a mixed bub. …. But really, come one, come all…. We think you’re all beautiful. Any ethnicity is amazing.
2. You’re athletic.
3. You’re creative.
4. You’re curious.
5. You’re successful in your field. (That has nothing to do with $$)
Dream world extras
1. You’re an All Black.
2. You’re an amazing lover. (But no, we don’t want to have sex with you….. we just want to bring more amazing lovers into this world.)
3. You own a sweet kids clothing label that can kit out our bub 24/7.
4. You are #stromae.
OBVIOUSLY at the end of the day we just want a healthy baby who we can dote on forever.
Boy, girl? Black, white? Short, tall? We don’t care. But hey… Everyone else gets to choose their baby when they choose their partner. If I
could smoosh Alley’s freckles and everlasting positivity with my extreme good looks, intelligence and undeniable modesty, then I
would, but no matter how hard Alley and I run at each other, it just ain’t working. We’ve even stopped using protection! So seeing as we don’t get the luxury of combining our awesome genes.. we figure we
should be kinda picky… I mean, this bub will be our life for the next…. 55 years… (depending on how the medical industry progresses).
So, if you’re interested in being an amazing gift of love and kindness… drop us an email. We have so much pent up cluckiness that needs to be released but…. WE NEED YOU!
Have you got the Spermfactor?
Email us at ***@hotmail.com for any SERIOUS questions. SHARE SHARE SHARE – We want to spread the word!! #spermfactor
P.S. For anyone reading this that doesn’t know us….bAll you need to know is, we’re married, we’ve
been best friends since we were 15, we’re 28/29, we own our own business, we have
maximum time and energy for a baby, but we don’t want to conceive until 2017 at the
earliest. We love kids! We already have 800 of them that we teach every week but we want our own
little one. We’ve travelled and lived
A LOT and we’re ready to start a family.
However, we’re not ready to settle down…. this saying never really resonated with us. We will keep having fun with our bub/bubs
until the dad we die:) Travel, adventure, learning is what we’re all about!
As this post is traveling the country, concerns/questions have been raised about the
legalities. Long story short, if we don’t know you, we will be doing this insemination through a doctor. This means that you are legally “the sperm donor” and NOT “the
father”. You will have no legal rights to the child, which means that you would NEVER be asked to pay anything towards the child. And also means, you get no say over how the baby is raised. However, as we mention above, we
are keen to find a donor with the same core values as us, and someone who is interested
in being present (even if just on birthdays) in the baby’s life. If anyone has any other concerns or questions, (that DON’T include
questioning our sexuality) then let us know.
Source: Asheigh Habgood Facebook