Guillem Balague says Barcelona want to sign two stars of world football – and they have their first in Philippe Coutinho.
The second the Spanish giants are desperate to get is Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann.
Negotiations are already underway with Atletico over an £89million deal for the France international, the buyout clause in his contract.
Manchester United have previously shown an interest in Griezmann but they are now prioritising a move for Paulo Dybala.
In a Sky Sports Q&A, Balague said: “ Barcelona want to get the two stars of world football at an age where they can give them five or six years of top football and Griezmann will be the other one.
“As everybody knows, they’ve approached his entourage and told him that they want to have him next summer.
“The €100m is the buyout clause and Barcelona will put that money on the table and it will be down to the player where he wants to go.
“Again, Barcelona are very optimistic that it could happen but nothing has been agreed.”
Coutinho this week completed a £142m to Barcelona from Liverpool.
10 MOST EXPENSIVE FOOTBALLERS IN HISTORY
- Neymar, Barcelona to Paris St Germain, 2017, £200.6million
- Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool to Barcelona, 2018, £106.4m
- Ousmane Dembele, Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona, 2017, £96.8m
- Paul Pogba, Juventus to Manchester United, 2016, £89m
- Gareth Bale, Tottenham to Real Madrid, 2013, £85.3m
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009, £80m
- Gonzalo Higuain, Napoli to Juventus, 2016, £75.3
- Romelu Lukaku, Everton to Manchester United, 2017, £75m
- Virgil van Dijk, Southampton to Liverpool, 2018, £75m
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool to Barcelona, 2014, £65m.